Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Colored Flesh - a poem

Colored Flesh
Unwanted. 
Ignored.
Hated.

Colored flesh
Creates these things
Causes madness where there should be love
Causing stupidity to override reason

Unwanted.
Ignored.
Hated.

The flesh is on my body
Not yours

The needle didn't scratch your skin
Leaking in ink
It scratched mine
Leaking ink into me

Unwanted.
Hated. 
Ignored.

It is an act of treason, self-expression, it seems
It shouldn't have, but it did, break us apart
You chose silence
I chose indifference
I want to talk
Talk things out, like the adults we are
But you chose to ignore the issue at hand, to act like an immature child
Pouting in your corner
Downing your wine to drown out the thoughts

Unwanted.
Hated.
Ignored.

*   *   *

I thought families were supposed to love each other for who they truly are, no matter what. 
I thought families were about unconditional love.

I was wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment